Monday, September 1, 2008

Patience

I love God's sense of humor, I love the fact the he knows me so much better than I know myself, he knew he would be teaching me patience when my relatives:)
encouraged me to join the blog train. Thank you Sarah and Trish, I think...

I have all of these creative ideas floating around in my head but they haven't made it down through my fingers to hit the keystrokes. If I didn't know for sure that God doesn't make mistakes I would be pretty certain he put the wrong body with this brain. I create all of these great artistic ideas in my mind that I know come from him, but I can't implement them. That's where his sense of humor
comes in:) I wonder if he was grinning as I was kicking the computer...

I love the way God grows us, Diane and I actually left our homes on Friday AND
Saturday night to go to concerts. Kent's convinced we are both in the initial stage of alzheimers. He thinks we didn't realize it was after 8:00 p.m. when we left for the concerts. True story.

We went to "Rock the Light" concerts at starlight theater. I know, another shock, the word "Rock" ! Hold on, it wasn't ROCK like girls half dressed, beer flowing,
and get a room! This was rock for Christ with Jeremuy Camp and Casting Crowns. It was incredible to see so many people (mostly teens) praising God.
If you're not familiar with these artists YOU HAVE TO go to Itunes and check out their music. When they played my favorite "Praise you in the Storm" I told
Diane I could now die happy, and I meant it.

"Praise you in the Storm"
I was sure by now
God you would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say Amen
and it's still raining.
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.
I praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands,
you are who you are
no matter where I am.
Every tear I've cried, you hold in your hands
you never left my side.
I will praise you in the storm

You really must listen to this song!
There were some other bands there but tooooooo loud for us. At one point they said everyone "nod your head" I thought they said nugget head, I asked Diane what a nugget head was, she cracked up needless to say.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Great looking blog! I love the theme.

Judy was right about us getting out of the house two nights in a row. I think Kent is still in shock. We had a great time! It was awesome to see thousands of teenagers praising the King.

Sarah said...

I am SO excited you started a blog! You did a great job. I was laughing really hard at the nugget head comment. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Mark and Trisha said...

I am so glad you started a blog site!!! I will be checking it out. Great blog site! Praise be to the ONE and ONLY Lord and Savior.