Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pray on Sundays...Vote for Abortion on Tuesday

I wish I could get over the negative thoughts and feelings I have for Christians that ignore or pick and choose what portions of God's word they want to follow.

This election has made it very apparent that the draw of the world reigns over God's command to respect life and honor the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman. God's word says that a man that does not support his family is worse than an unbeliever. Yet the Democratic party defends, stands for, and votes for the issues that God finds deplorable.

So what does that say about the heart of a Christian when they deliberately choose a side that is against God? Are they truly a believer, are they just being deceived by the world, or do they pick and choose when to suppport God's word
out of convenience. I don't know, I'm just asking the question.

I need you all to pray for me, my heart is becoming hardened towards my
brothers and sisters in Christ that vote Democratic. I can't understand them, I don't understand them, and at times I don't even have any desire to try and understand them. Like I said, you need to pray for me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You bring up some good points. It definitely seems like there are too many people out there that only believe what is "convenient" for them to believe in.

I'm just glad I'm a Republican, being a family member and all :)

Mark and Trisha said...

We all pick and choose at times what is convenient for us. There is no doubt that there are Christians who look at areas of my life and think " I wonder what she is thinking when she does that" or I know that I do things over and over that is not pleasing to God and absolutely goes against his word. I totally don't understand the Christian who believes in abortions or same sex marriages etc. but I know many who believe with all their being that Jesus is their Lord and Savior and that there is no way to heaven but through him. I have softened over the years and have decided that i will not decide who is a "christian" or who is not because only God knows what one truly believes in his heart. I know after living in Utah for the past 30 years and being judged every day as a nonmember of "the church" and looked upon as someone who will not be in heaven with my Lord and Savior when I know I will be is not a very good feeling. So I will pray that your heart is softened and that your prayer for all those people will be that God will open their hearts to his word and that their views will change.