Tuesday, November 4, 2008

God's Tears

We hear it so often, God's catches our tears in the palm of his hands.
Tonight, I'm crying out to God, "I'm sorry Father, I am so, so sorry for what they have done". I want to hold you, comfort you, tell you how much I love you. We love you, millions of us love you Lord, we stand with you, we grieve with you, and we will forever defend you. I say this with a humble heart, like the heart of a child when he sees his mother crying. He knows he can't fix it, but he wants you to know he feels your heart, he wants to dry your tears with the stroke of tiny fingers sweeping across your cheek
I want to take your hurt away God.
The pain from the spikes piercing your heart.
Pain inflicted upon you from those that call themselves your children,
pain from those who profess to know you, pain from those who seek you in prayer, pain from those who claim to be Christians. Those that rejected you and rejected your word. They chose the world over you and for that my heartbreaks. A Christian is someone who follows "Christ". I can assure you that the path Christ walked down today didn't lead to abortion, homosexual marriage,and anti-Israel sentiments.
I can hear some saying "not for you to judge", I'm not judging, I'm speaking the truth, his truth.There are absolutes, our relationship with God has absolutes. He didn't leave any wiggle room for the luke warm. You are either for me, or you are against me, not my words, God's words. Go ahead, try and convince him that he really didn't mean that.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Last night was a sad night for America. The American people clearly spoke, it's not about values, character or most important of all Jesus Christ. As my pastor stated on Saturday, vote for morality but it appears there is very little of that left in America. Now for the positve, GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

Diane said...

"What an inspiration. He is the first truly global U.S. president the world has ever had," said Pracha Kanjananont, a 29-year-old Thai sitting at a Starbuck's in Bangkok. "He had an Asian childhood, African parentage and has a Middle Eastern name. He is a truly global president."

Comments like the one above are in newspapers across the globe this morning. The world is celebrating that Obama will be a global president. Is it just me or does this concern anyone else???