Monday, November 10, 2008

This is the day the Lord has made

My period of mourning is over, not because of anything I did but because of what HE did. Well after Christ hung on that cross, he continues to give, every hour of every day.
The flesh in me wanted to mourn longer, stay fired up, and hang
on to the outrage I had been feeling since the election.
But I'm not the boss, God is, and mourning was no longer acceptable. God wanted more for me, he reined me in and whispered "stop it, are you going to let Satan steal your Joy?" Since He formed me, He knew exactly what to lay on my heart. God knew I was as stubborn as anyone He ever created so he challenged me, and it worked. I have spent more time communing with The Father, I have spent my hours being productive instead of watching Fox news for hours a day! Over the weekend I painted my living room,it looks fantastic.:)
The furniture and accessories look so much better against "Sahara Sun" and "Florentine Clay"... Next my kitchen.
Anyway, the point is there are so many things to be grateful for. When God cares enough to lift your spirit of joy by "Sahara Sun" how could I not know that He wants us to "Give Thanks and Praise". God has every detail under his control, large and small, He knows just WHAT we need just WHEN we need it. If it took some pretty paint to get me off a course of bitterness, focus on the beauty in this world, then To God Be The Glory. Thank You Father for coming to find me, for nursing my wounded heart, for restoring my Joy in You.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I need some of what you have...say a prayer for me. I am still watching Fox News and listening to talk radio. I feel the need to be informed...the sad thing about being informed is that it keeps me worked up about the president elect. OK, I am over it once and for all. On to bigger and better things!

I have been reading the book of Psalms and God is dealing with my heart on a few things. God is telling me... HE is in charge and to chill out. Maybe not in those exact words but close. I am just so thankful we have God's word to turn too.